I'm a 37 year old Australian academic living and working in Singapore. I discovered GTD about 3 years ago when a colleague gave me the book (actually he gave it to me 4 years ago, but it sat on my shelf gathering dust for a year). I research social networks, and also the intersection of business and politics. My favourite podcasts other than GTD Connect, are 'Democracy Now!' and 'Savage Love'.
- Computer: PC with Windows 7
- Mobile: iPhone 4
- Collection: Straight into an 'inbox' folder on Toodledo + my email (GMail) + a physical in tray on my desk + plastic folder in my bag for things like postal mail.
- List management: Toodledo on PC (with TaskUnifier) and iPhone app.
- Calendar: Google Calendar (synced with my iPhone)
- Creative & planning: MindJet (was called MindManager).
- Reference Filing: Hard Drive (synced with GoogleDrive) + a filing cabinet.
In the past (but now I no longer use):
- Collection: Digital voice recorder (too much effort to transcribe/process); David Allens wallet notebook (dumping it straight into my iPhone in Toodledoo is less messy and gets rid of a step and an inbox);
- List Manager: Paper (too confusing, too much rewriting, and my handwriting is a mess); GTD Outlook with NetCentric Addin (no way I could find to sync it with my iPhone)
- Creative & Planning Tools: FreeMind (this is actually quite good, MindJet is just sexier).