Tips for Reminders (Mountain Lion 10.8.3)
• Today view - click today's date in calendar
• Swipe a list of reminders (2 fingers on trackpad) left or right to go to previous or next list
• To view more than one list at a time, shift-click or CMD-click lists in the sidebar
• Add tags, for example "@Calls", to a reminder with a keyboard shortcut (System Preferences > Language & Text > Text)
• Select a list and press return to rename
• Reorder lists in sidebar by dragging
• Reorder reminders by dragging
• Click in space below last reminder to add a new reminder
• Hover a list in the sidebar for a sharing icon to share with others
• Single click in the text of a reminder to edit, double-click for more settings, secondary click for shortcuts
• A web address in a reminder or note is clickable. It does not need http prefix.
• Drag an email message from Mail and drop on Reminders icon in Finder or Dock or on a list in sidebar in the Reminders app itself. A reminder is created from the subject of the email. A link to the email appears in the note.
• Move reminders by dragging and dropping on top of another list in the sidebar
• CMD-double-click on a list to open it in its own window
• Double-click on a day in the calendar to open it in its own window
• Swipe down in a list (2 fingers on trackpad) to see a row showing number of completed reminders. Click on this row to see all the reminders completed for that list.
• In addition to clicking in the checkbox you can also press spacebar to check/uncheck
• Drag a reminder to a date on the calendar to assign date, time will be set to 9am
• Set how you want to be notified in System Preferences > Notifications
• Automatic date and time detection
◦ "Get chips for party Feb 6,” “Rent movie on Friday at 7pm,” “Pay bills 5/16/13," or "Take trash out after dinner."
◦ If you enter “breakfast” or “morning,” time is set as 9 a.m.
◦ If you enter “lunch “ or “noon,” time is set as 12 p.m.
◦ If you enter “dinner” or “night,” time is set as 8 p.m.
◦ If you enter a day, but don’t enter a time, time is set as 12 p.m.
◦ If you enter a time, but don’t enter a day, date is today.
◦ The date and time information moves out of the reminder's name and is used to set the notification when you press return
• Check/Uncheck more than one reminder
◦ Select more than one reminder in a list. Drag and drop these onto Completed in the sidebar. All reminders get checked.
◦ Go to Completed in the sidebar. Select reminders you want to uncheck. Drag the reminders to any list. All the reminders get unchecked.
◦ Swipe down (2 fingers on trackpad) in a list to see a row showing number of completed reminders. Click on this row to see all the reminders completed for that list. Select reminders you want to uncheck. Drag the reminders and drop on the list in the sidebar. All reminders get unchecked.