NEW GTD software: Information Management Tool @ Getting Things Done
Sometime ago I learned about David Allenís Getting Things Done (GTD) methodology and was inspired by it greatly. Then I decided to create a tool that will help me organize my life by David Allen's methodology.
Information Management Tool was created on the principle that a person needs to collect all sort of information: ideas, thoughts, plans, tasks, important files, etc. in one place, to unfetter the mind from them. Thanks to the free-structured database, user is getting free from the job of remembering everything that needs to be done, and can concentrate on actually performing those tasks.
Here is a list of features added in the first release of this program. It is not complete, just some valuable features to GTD (to my mind):
- flexible structure helps you to merge individual to-do lists, projects, articles into a strategic plan
- break down large projects into smaller parts using as many tree-levels as you need
- use Wiki-hyperlinks to tasks, web pages, notes, to-do lists etc.
- capture web pages directly from the integrated Gecko Web Browser by Mozilla
- drag-and-drop notes, hyperlinks, files in appropriate place in the free-form database,
- reorganize your projects and tasks at any time
- find what you need when you need it using fast search
- create your own structure of GTD Trusted System, capture, organize and manage all your projects and tasks in the free-form central database
- real-time immediate save of all added information to the database
- fully customizable interface: more than 300 icons, colors and font formats to help you focus on what is most important
- capture any ideas and notes using full-featured Rich Text Editor
- recall items quickly with tagging
- align your time, effort and energy with your highest priorities so you can focus on what really matters most to you
- browse local files and folders using integrated Folder Explorer
Please read my article at http://information-management-tool.x...gs-done-%C2%AE.
Thanks & Kind Regards