Palm Pre user here, moved from a Centro.
This is my current setup:
- Pre calendar to Google calendar
- Pre mail or web to GMail
- Done! on Pre to Toodledo for action lists, projects, goals, etc
- Memos for quick notes (to be processed later)
- Photos of notes emailed to myself when I want to capture scraps of paper
- Scratch Word Processor for work when I need to type stuff @anywhere (but I would prefer to work with pen and paper)
If you use Outlook extensivly I don't know if the Pre does all the cool features. I moved to Toodledo because of the web interface.
The tasks app that comes with the Pre is a joke compared to the classic Palm Centro one. I use it for quick check lists such as things to buy at the market or frequently used lists (getting into office, getting home, etc).
When I moved from my Centro to my Pre I had to re-invent my GTD process. Toodledo didn't work that well on the Centro, nor did the Google apps. I'm very happy with the current setup because I can access it on the Pre if I'm on the go but also on any computer I have to use so I don't have to have one setup for home and one for the office.
Very happy with the Pre but I could not get GTD to work with the built in applications. $10 of registration fees and I was flying.