Inbox Processing: Email/Digital vs. Paper
I'm trying to combine "Inbox-Zero" with GTD.
Inbox Zero says:
- Move actions to Action_Required_Folder
- Move Waiting Ons to Waiting_Folder
- Move References to Reference_Folder
First GTD/IZ Method:
- Move my actions/waiting ons/references to the appropriate email folder
- Go into my actions/waiting ons folder
- Decide on next action and enter into my GTD system
Second GTD/IZ method: Don't move things to Actions_Required, and process on the fly:
- If email is an action or waiting for, decide what needs to be done
- Put action or waiting for into my GTD system
- Put the email in a Reference_Folder
The first method below results in double work, and the second method takes too long processing my email inbox.
How do you clear your inbox and get things into your GTD system effectively?
Do you guys have any recommendations on quickly getting your actions/WFs/References into your system?