lots of ideas!
I had a similar situation, and it felt like nothing was familiar and everything was overwhelming at times. I also have a home-based business to add to the mix. Here are my top few tips... let me know if you want me to elaborate.
Originally Posted by SolveigSingleton
1) Take a fresh look at your Areas of Focus (areas of responsibility). I categorize all of my project lists by area of focus. ("Household" is always twice as long as every other list) Are all of them appropriate for you in your new role? Add/delete as necessary.
2) Make sure all of your next actions really are next actions and not projects (need more than one action to complete). If not, off to the project list they go!
3) Embrace "Someday/Maybe"! You do not have to do everything on your list now, or even soon. Having a robust Someday/Maybe list is a good thing!
4) Keep your eyes on the prize. (i.e. what are you here for? If it's to pick up every single dirty gym sock, or nurture your relationships, be clear about it) Don't let what you think you should be doing take away from whatever you ultimately want to accomplish at this time of your life.
5) It's OK to delegate. Do the things only you can do (play with your kids, walk the dog - it's good exercise, so don't delegate the healthy things!). See if you can delegate everything else (or a good chunk of it at least).
That's it. Hope it helps! (by the way, Solveig is one of my favorite names... just lovely.)
constant forward pressure