The night owl might be better working back shift or night shift. Also eating meals later than "normal" meal times.
You can modify your body clock to wake up earlier if you have to. Some methods off the top of my head.
- Wear sunglasses five hours after your natural wake up time
- Keep lighting low for the few hours before you go to bed
- Turn down light levels on your TV or computer monitor in the few hours before your natural sleep time- or don't use them at that time
- Force yourself to eat breakfast first thing after getting up
- Avoid caffeine later in the day
- Physical exercise soon after waking up, especially outdoors in the sun (if available)
- Expose yourself to very bright light two hours before your natural waking time
Obviously you have to be awake before your natural waking time for the last one. Look up "chronotherapy" or "chronobiology" for the rational behind these kind of methods.