My Mind Mapping Notes
Hey all, I just wanted to share my notes on Mind Mapping. Most of it from Tony Buzan's Writing and parts are from David Allen. I hope you pick up some new tips/tricks !
Mind Mapping Notes
1.No judgment, challenge, evaluation, criticism
2.Go for quantity, not quality
3.Put analysis & organization in background
1. Start in the centre with an image of the topic, using at least 3 colours.
2. Use images, symbols, codes and dimensions throughout your Mind Map.
3. Select key words and print using upper or lower case letters.
4. Each word word/image must be alone and sitting on its own line.
5. The lines must be connected, starting from the central image. The central lines are thicker, organic and flowing, becoming thinner as they radiate out from the centre.
6. Make the lines the same length as the word/image.
7. Use colours - your own code - throughout the Mind Map.
8. Develop your own personal style of Mind Mapping.
9. Use emphasis and show associations in your Mind Map.
10. Keep the Mind Map clear by using Radiant hierarchy, numerical order or outlines to embrace your branches.
Represent concepts with keywords *
Make associations *
Organize into hierarchy
* Visualize concepts using images
* Stimulate your brain with colors and symbols *
Order and emphasize according to importance The major benefits from the use of Mind Maps are:
* Images, colors, and associations stimulates creative thinking. *
Mind Mapping forces you to think actively about the things you learn. *
Efficiency in making/taking notes. *
Learning is simply more fun!
One word per branch
Left Side: Words, numbers, lines, logic, lists
Right Side: Colour, rhythm, imagination, day dreaming
Always add images to Mind Map
Organize, remember, compare, connect
Place Symbol/Image in center of Mind Map
use codes and symbols throughout
Single Words per line
Artistic three dimension
The relative importance of each idea is clear indicated
More important idea will be nearer to the center
less important ideas are far away
The links between the key conpscets will be immdeialtey recongniable because of there promixty and connection
Recall and Review will be effete and more rapid
words are all in capital letters
See into the far future
Persistence and comment to that vision
Make sure it come true
Persistence is the power
Focus on the vision
Know of their subjects
10,000 Hours of work
People around them, build towards their vision
Challenge each other
Comprehensive Positive Attitude
Learning from their mistakes
Knowledge about their brain, and its function
Energy at multiple levels
Whats is Mind Mapping ?
Colours of Nodes
Connection between nodes
Reflection of mind
non-linear note taking
Expand Verbal knowledge
Range of knowledge
Note everything in Mind Maps
Which colours mean what ?
3D Image Code
Mini Mind Map
logic + imageation + association
Energy +/= Memory = Creativity
Pictures: number: words : associations
Focus + time + daily improvement = genius
Use an image for your central idea
Brain works by association
Allows you to develop detailed organization of your subject
Insert images into main nodes
Associations : with everything
Fluency, Flexibilty, Originality,
quickly learn something about a given topic.
“We store words and images in different portions of our brain, and if you can mix the two together, you know, left brain and right brain, you have that perfect cohesion,”
Lliinsky states, “One of the most important benefits of visualization is that is allows us access to huge amounts of data in ways that would not be otherwise possible.”
Data visualizations can be incredibly effective in expressing, capturing, and conveying information because they crystallize trends and impacts in a way that nothing else could. Tomorrow felt that by giving nonprofits a ready-made platform that makes it easy for them to create well-designed data visualizations, they could much more effectively showcase their vital stats and work. As Brink observes, “Stylized infographics are effective for making complex stories accessible and engaging.” The platform is versatile, allowing data to be shown in any number of ways--a pie chart, a trending graph, etc
43 Intricate Mind Map Illustrations