I've used these methods when I had young children:
- Get the children to help with the actions. Even if it takes longer with their help than without, you're spending quality time together and teaching them skills, discipline and good habits that will help them later in life.
- Talk to the children while doing stuff.
- Bring paperwork or reading material to the playground and glance back and forth from the children to the stuff while they play.
- Do stuff like paying bills while standing in the kitchen. The children are much less likely to try to demand your attention while you're standing in the kitchen than while you're sitting down.
- Carry around a baby in one arm while doing housework.