How do you handle creative work with GTD?
I would like describe some hypothetical scenario and ask how would you handle it in your system?
Lets assume that is Sunday morning and you are doing your weekly review and
- You have committed to finishing some piece of creative work by Friday and it is important to you to meet that commitment
- You know from your experience that it should take about 4 hours of uninterrupted concentration to finish it
- The concentration is relay required, you asses that with many interruptions work may take at twice that long (not counting interruptions, only time spent getting back in the zone)
- Your next reek looks busy but you estimate that you should have time to do it with significant margin
- You have made sure that this work is not blocked any external factors, you have all resources and external information needed
How would you put this in your NA list, project list, calendar, ...?
How would you emphasize the deadline and prevent it from being preempted by busywork?