I created this simple list to help out (new) members here. The information in the book can be overwhelming but here's a list of 30 behaviours you can adopt to reach "mind like water".
(I drafted an incomplete list, so please help add to it! And please correct me if I'm wrong)
- Think about your stuff more than you realize but not as much as you're afraid you might.
- Ask yourself "What is it?"
- Ask yourself "Is it actionable?"
- Throw away anything that has no potential future action or reference value.
- Decide on outcome and add it to a projects list.
- Do any next action that requires less than 2 minutes.
- Look at your calendar
- Look at your next action list
- Determine the purpose of each project.
- Envision WILD SUCCESS (Why not the best?)
- Sort items on your next actions list by categories.
- Dedicate workspace
- Label your file folders
- Collect anything that doesn't belong where it is forever
- Date everything
- Look at your maybe list
- Look at your projects list
- Look at your waiting for list
- Delete and clear inactive or unreal notes.
- Look at your tickler file
- Perform weekly review every Friday afternoon
- Sort your next actions list so that you have low-energy tasks to do
- Draft a list called Areas of Focus
- Draft relevant checklists
- Ask yourself "what are longer term goals you set and what projects do you need to have in place to make them happen?"
- Use outlines to plan projects
- Block out time to handle vertical thinking about each project
- End conversation with the question "So what's the next action here?"
- Participate on forums
- Review GTD book