I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. alvin90 asked for ideas, and so I provided a few.
My GTD practice has benefited from people providing examples of how they do it. I'd say I reject 75% - 90% of what other people do but at least it sparks my thinking, and the other 10% - 25% makes it worth sifting through the stuff I won't use.
No criticism intended. I don't disagree with you. I was moving up from examples to the ideas behind them.