I completely agree. In fact, here is some more chicken for the pot!
"The main purpose of quality thinking in management is to: (a) give up the illusion of easy simplicity in arriving at quick cures to complex problems(b) patiently and persistently plow through the complexity and chaos (the 95% BS non-sense), and (c) arrive at the genuine simplicity on the other side (the 5% golden truths)." (By William S. Cottringer, Ph.D.)
In terms of GTD applications and such, under-complexity may explain the loud groping sounds heard throughout the world of productivity-system fans far & wide.