Looking for suggestions...
I'm at the initial stages of implementation, have processed my INs and have lots of Context lists detailing Next Actions.
Some of my NAs have associated support material but not enough to warrant a separate file. If I'm reading the book correctly, I think DA suggests a "Pending" stack-basket for this.
My question is: should this stuff be sorted or separated in any way? A couple of ideas come to mind and I'm wondering if anyone has tried any of these and could give me feedback. Other suggestions also welcome!
First, I could have a file for each Context (emails, paperwork, etc.) although I'm afraid a lot of it will just fall into paperwork or misc.
Another method (which I think is very anti-GTD), is to sort it by priority.
Another thought is to go thru it during my Weekly Review and pull some things that I would like to (or have to) get done during the week and put those in a separate file on top.
Part of the problem is that I keep looking at this basket of work and wanting to do it rather than looking thru those long lists of Next Actions. This is really not a good idea because my highest priority NAs are in Project files or email files not this Pending basket.
Some examples of the stuff that's in there:
* Stuff to send to my mother along with a card I need to write to her (need to do this week)
* A catalog to review to pick out Alternative Gifts (must be done this week)
* an email I need to respond to (usually don't print these, just put in an @ACTION email file; guess I printed it because I REALLY need to do it soon)
* a recipe for swedish meatballs that I have to make for a church event this weekend
* receipts to submit for reimbursement
* several pictures that I need to refile in my son's photo albums
* a letter I need to send to governor/delegates/etc
* my labwork referral slip for bloodwork I need to have done
* my sewing machine manual with instructions on cleaning and oiling
* bank stmts to reconcile (for an acct that isn't used much)
* Trader Joe's flier with stuff I want to buy marked
As you can see, it's just a bunch of miscellany! I'm guessing (hoping!) that after 6 months on GTD, this will be a much smaller pile because I will be caught up and do more things immediately. In the meantime though, it's quite a stack.
Thanks for any advice you can share....