GTD and Napster
One of my Someday/Maybe items coming up is to sort out my music collection.
I've not been happy for some time with my music collection for several reasons:
- it takes lots of space
- I get tired of my CD's and don't tend to listen to them all that regularly now
- they cost me a lot of money (increasing all the time)
- every time I move, they have to be moved
I've noticed that Napster (www.napster.com) (and I'm sure others) have legal downloading of millions of tracks. Not only in real time, but the ability to download to 3 computers and an MP3 player when on the move. All this is based on a monthly/annual subscription.
I'm thinking I could sell my CDs and the income received from them would pay for a Napster annual membership for at least a few years. This enables me to:
- clear up some space
- listen to new music that I like at will
- actually get some money back for my music collection
- not have to worry about moving anything as it's all electronic
It makes perfect sense to me.
Has anyone actually done this? If so, what's your experience been?
(Note: This whole idea assumes one isn't too attached to holding physical copies of the music, you're ok with a bit less than CD quality audio, that all the music is available online and you can get Napster in your country (which I can't being in Australia)).