I used to use all present tense for projects and next actions. I then went through, per a suggestion here, and changed my Projects to Noun first + Past tense verb (for example, Publicist Hired instead of Hire a Publicist). This has worked great for me. It not only helps to visualize the outcome as others have mentioned. It also helps me differentiate between a Project and a Next Action, so I don't have to re-think it when I see the item in my software.
Also, I had a lot of "Project Plan x", "Project Plan Y", "Mindmap x" "mindmap y", etc. etc. (I would see a lot of the same verbs so my mind would begin to group those items rather than see them as distinct projects.) Now, I tend to differentiate between the various projects much better.