Good morning All
I am from Brisbane, Australia.
I have read and re-read the David Allen's book, "Getting Things Done". just out of interest the Australian version is called "How to get things Done", not sure if there is any difference.
I am currently the director of a smallish company (around 20 staff), but I have shocking time management skills. My time management is so bad that the first time I read the book I had problems conceptualising it as most of is seemed foreign to me.
I am now starting to get a better understanding but had some questions from a practical apsect that hopefully someone may be able to advise me on:
I am trying ti impliment this firstly at home and will then do for work. My home implimentation will be paper based and once I cazn understand how the system woks I may go digital, my questions are as follows:
1) The next actions list, what exactly is it? Is it paper in a manilla folder, is it paper without a folder? Is it a note pad?
2) If it is a folder, how does one carry a folder with them everywhere they go?
3) Waiting For, is this a folder, list do I carry everywhere?
4) Can someone please explain what the project planning is. How does this work? And also what is it physically? (non-digital).
5) What is the link between project and next actions ? Where do next actions sit physically for Project?
I know these questions probably sound a bit amateur hour but any advise at all would be helpful.