I'm just getting into this stuff, and am on overwhelm at the moment! A couple of questions (actually, five!):
1. I have a home computer, a desk computer, and a handheld. My Activesync tells me I can only sync to one computer so I have to make a choice (and I feel like Sophie ). Can this really be true? Has anyone solved this problem so that all systems are synched and operational?
2. In the "GTD and Outlook" whitepaper, the calendar configuration has some tasks at the top of the calendar. I can't figure out how to get those up there. They are not appointments per se, just things like "Susan out of town," "Erin's soccer game," etc. Can anybody help me with that?
3. The notes concept for keeping track of things seems a bit clunky. Does anyone have any ideas on making it a bit more elegant, like being able somehow to add bullets or boxed checkmarks for checklists?
4. As far as using Notes for lists of ideas, would you have one idea per note, or just a separate note for "Bright ideas" or what? Also, when would be the time to refer back to them? Putting ideas there leaves me feeling a bit fearful that I would lose track of them...
5. Can anyone tell me how to exclude certain categories of Tasks from appearing on the calendar?
Thank you for your patience with a newbie to this wonderful system.