I have been using the GTD Outlook Plug-in for about 6 months now...long enough to go through a couple of releases and upgrades. Bottom line on the product is that is has become an indispensable part of my GTD implementation, and I very much enjoy how easy it makes management of my email inbox, which I continue to better leverage as a central place to route info and data. (As an aside, check out http://www.earthclassmail.com/ for an example of how I am better using my email inbox)
With all this said, the product has proven to be very buggy...even the latest version 2.5.21. For example, with the current version, if I put my computer into standby mode (i.e., like right before I go on a plane) and then start it again (i.e., like after we take off and I want to work again), the GTD toolbar often times shows up as grayed out. I have to do a complete reboot of my computer and reopen Outlook to reactivate the toolbar. Another bug I run into is that when I shut down Outlook, Outlook sometimes throws a fatal error and says it wants to to send a message to Microsoft. When I restart the computer and Outlook it tells me the GTD plug-in caused the error and has been disabled. The version before 2.5.21 was even buggier, so there has at least been some improvements.
Given how much I travel, spending a lot of time trouble shooting with Netcentrics support isn't easy to do. I know because I went through a lot of time with their support dealing with bugs in the last version. Good folks...just not many of them.
My question to the forum is whether or not others have also found the product as useful, yet as buggy as I have. In other words, I am trying to get a general sense if problems are wide spread, or if there is something specific about my machine that might be causing the problems.
The amount of time I am in spending on reboots because of the plug-in is something I need to reduce.
FYI: I am running XP Pro and Outlook 2003.