I have been using the NextAction 2.0 Beta version for a few weeks now, and I also use the add-on from Netcentrics.
The short of it:
- Yes, they do work together. But not seemlessly (gasp.)
- Categories (contexts) entered in Outlook will show up in the BB NextAction just fine.
- You can enter tasks in the BB, but I don't think the context gets transfered corrently when you get back to your outlook. The task shows up --- but no category/context is attached to it.
- With the Outlook Netcentrics add-on, projects are set up as a category so in the BB NA application they show up as a category as well. So you can see them in the NA app. However, the NA app does not use categories to set up thier projects --- they simply add a p: to the beginning of a task which allows it to differentiate between actions and projects.
All that said, this is how I use the 2 programs --- very successfuly. My phases:
I use my memo pad and pen which are in my back pocket 24/7. I DO NOT use the blackberry for capture --- for many reasons:
- It takes more time and energy to ENTER anything in my BB than it does to grab a pen and paper.
- I can be more creative with my pen and paper.
- It is less rude to pull out a pen and paper when talking to someone then the blackberry.
- OK, every once in a while I will enter a task directly into my BB. If I am already in the NA application, I just have to hit 'n' to create a new task and enter my stuff.......
Once I am on my computer, I process all these little pieces of paper into the outlook addon. I assign projects, and every task gets a context. I add notes in the notes section (since the new NextAction 2.0 supports notes!!!) to help me remember key info.
Tied in with process....
Once I am clear and current, I use my blackberry to get stuff done. The NA application is SOOO freaking fast and slick for me to plow through my lists. Using just the spacebar, I can scroll through contexts and mark items as complete.
Bottom Line --- I am loving my system.
Time to go crank some widgets.