If you haven't checked MyLifeOrganized (MLO) out in a while it might be worth a second look, or first look if you have not come across it before.
The latest Public Beta just takes MLO to the next level, and to my mind makes it an ideal GTD application. Here are just a couple of examples of the recent changes,
- Places renamed to Contexts
- Filter on Project Name
- Filter on Time/Effort
- Filter on dates
- Group by various different factors, project, date, goals, etc
- Sort on various different factors, urgency,project status, text etc
- Specific Filter for 'Next Actions'
- Specific Filter for All Actions including completed or just Current Actions
- Customisable Views, define a specific layout in the Context list based on various grouping/sorting then save it! To re-use.
- Advanced filtering, build up your own filter requirements
- Option to include or hide undated items
- Plus lots lots more
All in all MLO is now just brimming with functionality for ordering your Context based lists. Bearing in mind its an Outliner, you can even display things like the current parent, or the top level parent. Ideal if you group Next Actions and Projects by specific areas.
To access the Beta information I think you may need to join the Google group, only so comments etc can be posted back on issues, change requests, feature requests etc. Group link is:-
Well worth a look either if you need a GTD based software solution, or are looking for an Outliner. By the way it also has a PPC edition!
All the best