I know I have been posting on threads here and even starting new threads about different PIM software and devices and I thought I had it, but I am afraid I still don't.
here's the deal:
1) I need reliable cell phone coverage in remote as well as populated areas here in middle TN...around here that means I need Verizon (cingular is second best)
2) Currently I have T-mobile and I literally talk to other tmobile customers (mostly family and a few friends) about 1200 minutes a month
3) Even if I just get a huge minutes package with Verizon the other people I talk to are hurt because their minutes will get used up
4) If I choose Verizon I won't be able to go with my perfect PDA/Phone setup which would be either the Iphone or the HTC Advantage (5" touch-screen)
5) I also need a reliable fast internet connection on my phone to be able to check my email mainly
6) I need to figure out if am going to use ToodleDo + Pocket Informant on my HTC Advantage or ToodleDo + Iphone or simply MS Outlook + Pocket Informant on my HTC Advantage (pda phone)
7) I love the interface of ToodleDo but, I am not sure of this, don't I need internet access to turn on ToodleDo on a Iphone?...its not an application on it as ms outlook is on a pocket pc correct?
8. Iphone works best with Cingular (but I can make it work with tmobile, however it may give issues that I might end up wasting time on...which i don't want to do) the other phone, HTC Advantage can work with both Tmobile & Cingular
9) T-mobile's internet package doesn't work well for me
10) I have a very mobile profession and I will need to access the internet on my laptop as well in remote areas (I don't mind using another data package for a wireless air card..I just thought I would mention this to give you the full picture)
11) I have also thought of keeping it simply: just carrying my laptop + wireless air card + verizon blackberry (w/ minutes) + basic tmobile phone + paper planner of some sort...
12) currently I don't have any planning tool not even a calendar
13) I don't want to waste more time on this...I have already wasted about 12 hrs or so over the course of the past three weeks reading online, on forums, checking on ebay, finding out about different software programs, etc
14) I am sure there is probably something I am forgetting, because I am just so frustrated right now, but I sincerely appreciate all of your efforts and your help and for reading this.