I am been using @adgenda and @waiting for in regard to giving 4 people with whom I work information about dates and activites, and getting a response. back from them. But this is way to cumbersome for the amount of information I need to have go back and forth on a daily, weekly, and as needed basis. Sometimes 7 people are involved.
I need a way to note that I have given this information to each person and when I did it. I need to verify that they have received it.
In turn they need to do certain things:
1. They need to record the info accurately and in a retrievable/viewable way.
2. They need to let me know if there are any conflicts. Some of their information comes from announcements and some from computer, and often they don't check or record.
3. They need to let me know about any lead time matters I am involved in in (equipment, supplies, transportation, preparation that I need to arrange).
4. I need to get all this information back from them when I have a calendar in front of me so I can record it and see if ther are conflicts with anything to which I am already committed.
5. I need to know what I have already told them so that when there is a change or an addition I don't go through everything. This is critical for me, so I don't waste my time and can move them towards high levels of responsibility.
6. Sometimes I can meet with everyone at once and sometimes not.
I need to know that they have done so 1,2, and 3.
They need to know that I have done 4.
Here are some aspects of the situation:
One has e-mail and says he wants to do this by e-mail. But it takes me 5 to 10 minutes per item to write out who, what, when, why, etc.. and then I have read and respond to his e-mails, etc.
Two don't check e-mail reliably.
There are frequent changes.
I think that 2x weekly planning meetings work best. They sometimes show up with either no planner or they have not entered everything into it.
I use Palm handheld and a desk top version and then I also write everything on a paper calendar. I can't always remeber if I have updated it since changes come up at odd times and may get entered in the Palm first, but occasionally on the paper calendar if there is complex scheduling where I have to see a lot at once. Printing our from Palm is a problem because things change a lot.
One that also helps is that I also keep a whole year reference calender on the wall that shows major things like holidays, and critical deadlines, and vacations.
I would appreciate any suggestions!