Still kinda new to the GTD thing, and at this early stage I'm struggling a bit to get comfortable with these 2 areas (among others):
Managing voice mails: I know that the answering machine serves as its own in-box, so the voice mails I want to keep get transferred to paper. But this is where I'm sorta stuck...
- Once I transfer the contents of these messages onto paper (names, contact info, details discussed, etc.), how do I go about processing and organizing them effectively?
- Is it simply a matter of extracting the important stuff out, and then routing all this to the appropriate place in my system?
Managing calendared items: Currently, I'm handling these items by tracking them two ways:
- paper-based calendar: for scheduling my day- and time-specific commitments
- digital calendar: same as above, but using Google Calendar
- Is it redundant to mark down my day- and time-specific commitments in BOTH my paper and online calendar?
- Do you use a "hybrid" solution (digital+paper) for your calendared items too? If so, how do you make it work effectively?
I could use your help in these areas. ANY advice you can provide will be greatly appreciated!