i just started recently with gtd, have read the book and a lot (!) of forums, threads and blogs about the gtd setups.
Because in my work i send and receive lots of email (i'm a project manager at an internet development company) which create next actions i'm trying to move my emailing into the gtd proces. Here's my setup, i would like to get comments from you guys for approvements, changes, etc
here are the preparations i did
- i created the "standard" gtd context actions (outlook categories): .projects, @agendas, @office, @calls, @waiting for, @someday/maybe
- i created an outlook search folder on my inbox and sent items box, this is the base for processing email
- created the outlook folder views as outlined in "GTD and outlook 2007" pdf from davidco shop
- i already had lots of reference folders before i started gtd (divided as client / project)
how my email is processed
- every mail that comes in is reviewed for "delete, file, do, defer, delegate"
- mails for delete, file or do are being processed immidiately
- items that need to be deferred or delegated are transfered to tasks (i am trying to create an outlook macro so i can hotkey that action)
- in the task the email is added as attachement, a start and/or due date is added and i change the subjectline if needed and add the correct context action
- if i send an email (delegate) to one of my project teamworkers, i follow the same route with the sent email (convert to task with attachement, change subject,etc) and set the context to @waiting for with the send-date added to the subject line
- if the email is processed i move it to a project reference folder of store it in an "global" archive folder
please post your comments to this setup, i am still looking for the best setup.